The Baldwin County Chamber Coalition has created a list of COVID-19 resources for visitors and businesses in our area...
1. CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL & PREVENTION (CDC)
- Updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the very latest concerning COVID-19.
2. ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH (ADPH)
- The Alabama Department of Public Health is providing constant updates on COVID-19 in Alabama.
- NEW: FAQ's on dining regulations
- All employers should be implementing strategies to protect their workforce from the Coronavirus while ensuring continuity of operations. Download these guides created by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, which are based on information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to learn more about how employers and employees can prepare for and address the impacts of the Coronavirus.
4. ASSOCIATION OF CHAMBER OF COMMERCE EXECUTIVES (ACCE)
- Includes a toolkit with sample event cancellation and refund policies, suggested internal policies on travel, Coronavirus best practices and interim guidance for employers to plan and respond to COVID-19.
5. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA)
- Includes information on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, guidance for businesses and employers, SBA resources and government contracting.
- NEW: Learn the three step process for applying for Disaster Loans.
6. ALABAMA SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER (ASBDC)
- Information on SBA Disaster Loans for COVID-19.
- NEW: Disaster Loan Quick Facts.
7. OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA)
- Understand how OSHA standards apply to protecting workers from COVID-19.
8. BALDWIN COUNTY HEALTH DEPT – FACEBOOK
- A trusted resource for Baldwin County, the Baldwin County Health Department can be contacted at 251-947-3618, or you can visit their facebook page linked above for up to date information.
9. BALDWIN COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (EMA)
- A trusted resource for Baldwin County, the Baldwin County EMA can be contacted at 251-990-4605, or you can visit their Facebook page linked above for up to date information.
- NEW: Baldwin County EMA Situation Snapshot
- NEW: Baldwin County EMA Newsletter
10. BALDWIN COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Please use the link above for updates from Baldwin County Public Schools to include the Superintendent, Medical & Health News, Nutritional Updates, General Information and Educational Resources. Updates will be provided at this link for COVID-19 as they are announced.
-Updates from the Superintendent and the Gulf Shores City Schools.
12. GULF SHORES & ORANGE BEACH TOURISM
- Updates from the Tourism Bureau on changes to local restaurant and attractions operations.
In addition to the resources included above, the U.S. Chamber and CDC suggest:
- Actively encouraging employees to stay home when sick.
- Emphasizing the importance of hand washing and respiratory etiquette by all employees.
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces and providing cleaning wipes to employees to do the same.
- Making fact-based decisions regarding travel and complying with the latest guidance, specifically surrounding international travel.
- Maintaining business as usual with limited disruptions while monitoring the evolving situation.
- Mitigating household fear by keeping all employees informed on the facts of the situation and educating them on how they can prepare for the potential impacts of the virus.